Welcome to The Soul Brigade Clan!

We are a all around Smash Bros Clan who love competition and new members!

If you have already registered please log in.

If you are a Guest than please register at the site ( https://lsbc.forumotion.com/register ) , meanwhile feel free to post in our guest opened forums or go to the Xat chatbox and talk to us there! https://lsbc.forumotion.com/portal
Welcome to The Soul Brigade Clan!

We are a all around Smash Bros Clan who love competition and new members!

If you have already registered please log in.

If you are a Guest than please register at the site ( https://lsbc.forumotion.com/register ) , meanwhile feel free to post in our guest opened forums or go to the Xat chatbox and talk to us there! https://lsbc.forumotion.com/portal

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 88 on Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:57 pm
Latest topics
» Trying to get everyone back together for Ultimate!
"In your Prime" a Samus Guide EmptySat Nov 24, 2018 2:16 pm by ZeroN~

» Hello
"In your Prime" a Samus Guide EmptyThu May 03, 2018 6:53 pm by Velocite

» Meta Knight's hitbox tutorial
"In your Prime" a Samus Guide EmptyTue Oct 14, 2014 7:43 pm by Dark Sonic

» Megaman's Uptilt Kill %'s on every character (weights included)
"In your Prime" a Samus Guide EmptySat Oct 11, 2014 11:42 pm by Juice

» Favorite characters and costumes
"In your Prime" a Samus Guide EmptyWed Sep 17, 2014 3:22 pm by Dark Sonic

» The leak was real
"In your Prime" a Samus Guide EmptyFri Aug 29, 2014 4:00 pm by Dark Sonic

» SSB4 Rumors and Leaks
"In your Prime" a Samus Guide EmptySat Aug 16, 2014 10:45 pm by Dark Sonic

» Teb's Mario Kart 8 Races
"In your Prime" a Samus Guide EmptyFri Aug 01, 2014 3:00 pm by Velocite

» Gotta Love The Smash Community
"In your Prime" a Samus Guide EmptySat Jun 21, 2014 3:28 pm by Juice

Top posters
MasterRJ (741)
"In your Prime" a Samus Guide I_vote_lcap"In your Prime" a Samus Guide I_voting_bar"In your Prime" a Samus Guide I_vote_rcap 
Killerobi170 (733)
"In your Prime" a Samus Guide I_vote_lcap"In your Prime" a Samus Guide I_voting_bar"In your Prime" a Samus Guide I_vote_rcap 
Dark Sonic (558)
ZeroN~ (541)
Juice (425)
~BC~ (292)
Doutzu (279)
Santa Clawd (240)
Velocite (136)
kh2keymaster (120)

"In your Prime" a Samus Guide

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ZeroN~
Level 17
Level 17
ZeroN~

Normal Status

"In your Prime" a Samus Guide Empty
PostSubject: "In your Prime" a Samus Guide   "In your Prime" a Samus Guide EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 12:25 pm

"SAMUS ARAN BASIC GUIDE"
By: ZeroN

"In your Prime" a Samus Guide New_Power_Suit
"In your Prime" a Samus Guide Thmetroidprimecannonblast_2

*Info about this guide:
This guide is just a simple guide to help existing Samus mains and new ones alike. This guide is just a simple basic guide to help and explain various Advanced techniques and different tactics of the said character(s). Every advanced technique or tactic be it unique to Samus or broad are techniques that are useful for her and thats why they are being inculded. Hope this guide helps! Now that, that's out the way lets get started.

Advanced and Basic Moves:

~Jab Cancel(s):

How To Perform: Simply tap neutral A and then tap down on the analog stick to crouch. Tap neutral A again and tap down on the analog stick to crouch again. Repeat the process.

*Additional Information: With the jab cancel, you are also capable of linking another attack after the initial jab. Samus is also capable of performing "jab locks" which are in her case character specific. These should be done vs the heavier characters like Snake, D3 or Bowser. It can be performed on alot of characters although.

Video(s): jab locks: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIP7QY0anuw

~Short Hopped Zair:

How to perform: Simply short hop and press Z or air dodge and press a (gcc controls)

*Additional Information: This is samus's main form of spacing and it should be mastered. This is a good move to push your opponents offstage or keep them at a certain distance. The zair also doesn't stale so use it as much as you want.

~Missile Canceling:

How to perform: To perform missile cancels it requires good timing , first short hop and before you land fire a missile. if performed correctly there will be no landing lag and the missile will launch allowing you to follow up with any more of your choice. Super missiles and regular missiles has different timings so learn them both.

*Additional Information: Missiles can also be canceled into a second missile or any attack of your choice, example: Super missile > Super missile or Normal missile > super missile. This should be done at a distance because you will be left open if done close range.

Video(s): Extra info on missile usage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAgkv6uiYhY

~Zairing Through stages/walls/etc:

How to Perform: This technique is more of a stage dependent technique and it is better if you watch rather than me rant about it, but this at is one that requires precise timing or you may SD.

~No additional Information~

Video(s): Zairing through stage and walls: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBpMevs6a9Y

~Charge Shot Canceling:

How to perform: To perform simply press shield, rolling, spot dodging or tapping z.

*Additional Information: ~Low charged shot~: when firing charge shots you can also fire lower shots by timing your short hop and firing before you land. This takes alil time to master but is very effective. ~Reverse Charge shot~: run at the edge of the stage or passable platform and put up your shield as if doing a shield-dash. Upon doing this, let go of your shield and tilt your analog stick in the opposite direction and press neutral B to fire your Charge Shot. This likely happens, due to the momentum that is left after shielding from a dash.

Video(s): Charge Canceling example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTyFkkV3Gkc , Low charge shot(s): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0J2kKHXAoc , Reverse Charged Shot: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CA6uP8DfWI0

~Pivot Grab:

How to perform: First start a dash then, tilt the analog stick in the opposite direction and press Z simultaneously. Samus will turn around 180° with her Grappling Beam out in the opposite direction from which she was running.

Additional Information: This is useful for people who like to rush you or has rolling habits. Also note that if you happen to miss you will have alot of ending lag after leaving open to a smash or heavy punish move.

~Reverse Short Hopped Zair:

How to perform: This one is a little tricky to perform at first but to do so first jump back off the stage facing it and immediately fast fall and tap the Z button.

*Additional Information: you can also do this while walking or dashing. But be aware that tethering gives Samus fewer invincibility frames so it may not be the best way to attempt edgehogs.

Video(s): RSHZING: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsPY39M4yqI&feature=related

Shield Grabbing~:

How to perform: Simply Hold L/R and then tap A.

~No Additional Info~

Video(s): Shield grabbing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqdlHYpW5ho

~Shield Dashing:

How to perform: Dash and Hold L/R then let go and repeat.

*Additional Information: Shield dashing is a tech that should be used often as it helps her live longer and it also helps punish certain attacks as well.

Video(s): Shield dashing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upLXveFz_rY

If there is anything i missed feel free to let me know.
--------------------------------------------------

Samus Aran's Moveset
"In your Prime" a Samus Guide Samus_VariaSuit

~JAB(s):
----------

Fully Refreshed Jab(1st hit)=2-3%
Fully Exhausted Jab (1st hit)=1-2%
Fully Refreshed Jab (2nd hit)=6-7%
Fully Exhausted Jab (2nd hit)=3-4%

Uses: Frame Trap, Combo Starter, Gtfo Move.

*Note: it comes out on frame 3 so its a pretty fast move, so use it often.

~TILTS:
--------

-FTILT:
----------
Fully Refreshed F-tilt=6-7%
Fully Exhausted F-tilt=3-4%
Fully Refreshed F-tilt (angled up)=9-10%
Fully Exhausted F-tilt (angled up)=4-5%
Fully Refreshed F-tilt (angled down)=9-10%
Fully Exhausted F-tilt (angled down)=4-5%

Use(s): Combo finisher, Combo starter, Edgeguarder,Spacing,gtfo move.

*Note: This move is pretty good imo, use it as you deem fit. But dont be predictable with it because you can be punished.

--UPTILT:
--------------
Fully Refreshed U-tilt=12-13%
Fully Exhausted U-tilt=7-8%

Use(s): Kill Move, Juggle Move, Jab Lock Set up, Combo finisher, combo starter.

*Note: This move has a fair amount of uses and it can also set up jab locks if the opponent does not tech. It's punishable tho so be aware.

---DOWNTILT:
-------------------
Fully Refreshed D-tilt=13-14%
Fully Exhausted D-tilt=6-7%

Use(s): Kill Move, Punisher, Combo Starter.

*Note: This is one of samus's safer kill moves so use it if the others are not the best in your situation.

~SMASHES:
-----------------

-FSMASH:
-------------
Fully Refreshed (uncharged) F-smash=12-13%
Fully Exhausted (uncharged) F-smash=5-6%
Fully Refreshed (uncharged, angled up) F-smash=13-14%
Fully Exhausted (uncharged, angled up) F-smash=7%
Fully Refreshed (uncharged, angled down) F-smash=11-12%
Fully Exhausted (uncharged, angled down) F-smash=5-6%
Fully Refreshed (fully charged) F-smash=16-19%
Fully Exhausted (fully charged) F-smash=7-8%
Fully Refreshed (fully charged, angled up) F-smash=18-20%
Fully Exhausted (fully charged, angled up) F-smash= 9%
Fully Refreshed (fully charged, angled down) F-smash=15-17%
Fully Exhausted (fully charged angled down) F-smash=7-8%

[color=red]Use(s): GTFO move, Kill Move, Combo Finisher.

*Note: This move can and will kill early if the opponent has bad DI or doesn't expect it. Has more knockback when angled up.

--DOWNSMASH:
------------------------
Fully Refreshed (uncharged, front hit) D-smash=14-16%
Fully Exhausted (uncharged, front hit) D-smash=6-7%
Fully Refreshed (uncharged back hit) D-smash=13-14%
Fully Exhausted (uncharged, back hit) D-smash=6-7%
Fully Refreshed (charged, front hit) D-smash=18-22%
Fully Exhausted (charged, front hit) D-smash=9-10%
Fully Refreshed (charged back hit) D-smash=18-20%
Fully Exhausted (charged, back hit) D-smash=8-9%

Use(s): Juggle set up, Oos option, Kill Move, Damage Racker, Punisher.

*Note: This move is very useful and i like it myself, but it can be used for many things. Use it how you deem fit. One of her fastest smashes most effective on floatly's.

---UPSMASH:
----------------
Fully Refreshed (uncharged, all hits connect) U-smash=20-24%
Fully Exhausted (uncharged, all hits connect) U-smash=10-11%
Fully Refreshed (charged, all hits connect) U-smash=29-33%
Fully Exhausted (charged, all hits connect) U-smash=14-15%

Use(s): Damage Racker.

*Note: It sucks, dont use it too much(if at all).

~B MOVES/SPECIALS:
------------------

-STANDARD B/CHARGE SHOT:
-------------------------------------
Fully Refreshed (uncharged) Charge Shot=2-3%
Fully Exhausted (uncharged) Charge Shot=2-3%
Fully Refreshed (fully charged) Charge Shot=22-26%
Fully Exhausted (fully charge) Charge Shot=11-12%

Use(s): Camping Tool, Spacing Tool, Kill Move, Gimper, Combo Starter, Combo Finisher.

*Note: Although this is a good move. It is beat by Link's bomb attacks and doesnt have amazing priority use it wisely. This move can be uses to disrupt recoverys such as ike. You can hit him as he's rising or at the peek of his attack to disrupt his.

--SIDE B/MISSILES:
-----------------------
Fully Refreshed Super Missle=9-10%
Fully Exhausted Super Missle=4-5%
Fully Refreshed Lock-on Missle=4-5%
Fully Exhausted Lock-on Missle=2-3%

Use(s): Camping Tool, Damage Racker, Spacing tool, Refreshing moves, Gimper, Combo starter.

*Note: Both forms of missiles has low priority. But they have many, many uses so use them as deemed fit.

---DOWN B/BOMB:
------------------------
Fully Refreshed Bombs=8-9%
Fully Exhausted Bombs=4-5%

Use(s): Gimper, Combo Starter, Recovery, Mindgame Tool.

*Note: This move is said to be bad by many but is pretty good in the right hands. It can be used to gimp and set up spikes.

----UP B/SCREW ATTACK:
--------------------------------
Fully Refreshed Screw Attack=10-11%
Fully Exhausted Screw attack=6-7%

Use(s): Combo Finisher, Oos Option, Damage Racker, Shield Breaker.

*Note: This move is a good Oos move. Although Samus has better options. It can also eat up shields if uses properly.

~AERIALS:
---------------------

-UPAIR:
----------
Fully Refreshed (all hits connect) U-air=10-11%
Fully Exhausted (all hits connect) U-air=5-6%

Use(s): Shield Pressure, Frame Trap, Damage Racker, Gimper, Combo Finisher, Combo Starter.

*Note: Upair is great for big characters cause it can be uses while short hopping. This happens to be one of Samus's best aerials too.

-DOWNAIR:
---------------
Fully Refreshed (all hits connect) U-air=10-11%
Fully Exhausted (all hits connect) U-air=5-6%

Use(s): Combo Starter, Jab Lock Set up, Damage Racker, Gimper.

*Note: Dair is a great move to use imo, learn how to use it out of a short hop with ease. Remember it is punishable to shield grabs, especially vs d3.

--BACKAIR:
--------------
Fully Refreshed (with tip) B-air=13-14%
Fully Exhausted (with tip) B-air=6-7%
Fully Refreshed (no tip) B-air=9-10%
Fully Exhausted (no tip) B-air=4-5%

Use(s): Kill Move, Gimper, ledge Approach(conditional).

*Note: This is one of Samus's strongest kill moves so practice its sweetspot. This move can also be used as a ledge approach on stages like FD after you wall jump if you want to mix things up.

---FORWARD AIR:
----------------------
Fully Refreshed (all hits connect) F-air=17-18%
Fully Exhausted (all hits connect) F-air=8-9%

Use(s): Combo Starter, Combo Finisher, Damage Racker, Ledge Approach.

*Note: This move like all Samus's aerials auto cancel and it comes out on frame 7.

----NEUTRAL AIR:
----------------------
Fully Refreshed (immediate attack) N-air=8-9%
Fully Exhausted (immediate attack) N-air=4-5%
Fully Refreshed (stayed out long) N-air=5-6%
Fully Exhausted (Stayed out long) N-air=3-4%

Use(s): Combo Starter, Combo Finisher, Gimper, Combo Breaker, Sex Kick.

*Note: This move comes out on frame 5 and gets weaker the longer it is out.

-----ZAIR:
------------
Fully Refreshed (with tip) Z-air=7%
Fully Exhausted (with tip)Z-air=7%
Fully Refreshed (no tip)Z-air=4%
Fully Exhausted (no tip)Z-air=4%

Use(s): Spacing Tool, Combo Starter, Combo Finisher, Damage Racker, Kill Move, Gimper, Recovery.

*Note: This move auto cancels and is very difficult to punish if spaced correctly.

CREDITS:

--------
~This Guide was written by me, using information found on smashboards.com and other websites AIB included. Credit to Xyro, Tudor, smashboards.com ,other Samus mains and everyone who helped me with information for the video's and more. Also thanks to everyone who reads and find this useful, thanks for reading!~

Last edited by Z3roN on Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ZeroN~
Level 17
Level 17
ZeroN~

Normal Status

PostSubject: Re: "In your Prime" a Samus Guide   "In your Prime" a Samus Guide EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 1:10 pm

Alright guys im done feel free to read and comment!

inb4trollsorbadcomments

samus
Back to top Go down
Subzero
Level 10
Level 10
Subzero

Normal Status

PostSubject: Re: "In your Prime" a Samus Guide   "In your Prime" a Samus Guide EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 7:59 am

Love it! Thanks for putting all the effort into it. Really helped
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "In your Prime" a Samus Guide   "In your Prime" a Samus Guide Empty

Back to top Go down

"In your Prime" a Samus Guide
Page 1 of 1